Collection of pages from K&E catalogs for the 4094 Family of Slide Rules
The 4094 is a Mannheim style slide rule called the "Merchant's Slide rule". The 4094s were constructed on a mahogany frame with celluloid laminated to the surface. The scales are simple and the rule was only intended for financial calculations. The markings are engine divided. Of the catalogs available the first release was shown in the 1930 catalog.
There are four slide rules designated as "Merchant's Slide Rule". The 4094 is a 10" Mannheim. The 4095 is a 10" duplex slide rule. The 4096 is a 20" Mannheim with the same scales as the 4094. The 4150-1 is a 5" Mannheim plastic rule with an added L scale.
The scale set for the 4094 is as follows:
- Front: DF = CF CI C = D
The following models are part of the 4094 family:
- 4094 ----- 10" Mahogany
- N4094 --- 10" Mahogany
- 68 1775 -- 10" Mahogany
The 4094 was first shown in the 1930 catalog. It last appeared in the 1972 catalog.
- 1930 - The 4094 was first shown.
- 1936 - The Improved metal rimmed cursor was introduced.
- 1947 - The 1947 price list shows the 4094 as "Temp. Disc."
- 1954 - The N4094 was released with red lettering on the CI scale.
- 1955b - The profile of the construction changed with the thinner cursor.
- 1962 - The part numbers were converted to 68 xxxx numbers.
- 1967 - The 68 1775 was last shown in the 1967 catalog.
Links to catalog pages for the 4094 family of slide rules:
Link to scans of 4094s