Collection of pages from K&E catalogs for the 4132
Crane's Sewer Slide Rule
Page from the 1911 catalog
The Crane's Sewer Slide Rule is 10" long with paper facings on a wood frame. The scales are designed for sewer flow design calculations.
Model numbers in the group:
- 1749-4 --- 10" Crane's Sewer Slide Rule
- 4132 ----- 10" Crane's Sewer Slide Rule
The 1749-4 was first shown in the 1899 catalog. The last mention of the 4132 is in the 1927 hard bound catalog. The following is a brief history of the Crane's Sewer Slide Rule as is told in the K&E catalogs that are available at this time. Exact timing is not possible because of the time between catalogs.
- 1899 -- The Crane's Sewer Slide Rule was first introduced as the 1749-4.
- 1901 -- The 1749-4 model number was replaced with 4132.
- 1927b - The 4132 was last shown in the 1927 hard bound catalog.
Links to catalog pages for the 4132 family of slide rules:
Scans: Link to scans and pictures of 4132