Collection of pages from K&E catalogs for the 4130
Colby's Sewer Computer
From the 1901 catalog
The Colby's Sewer Computer is unique in its construction. It is made of hardwood and is 20" long. The scales are designed for sewer flow design calculations.
Model numbers in the group:
- 1749-2 --- 20" Colby's Sewer Computer
- 4130 ----- 20" Colby's Sewer Computer
The 1749-2 was first shown in the 1897 catalog. The last mention of the 4130 is in the 1906 catalog. The following is a brief history of the Colby's Sewer Computer as is told in the K&E catalogs that are available at this time. Exact timing is not possible because of the time between catalogs.
- 1897 -- The Colby's Sewer Computer was first introduced as the 1749-2.
- 1901 -- The 1749-2 model number was replaced with 4130.
- 1906 -- The 4130 was last shown in the 1906 catalog.
Links to catalog pages for the 4130 family of slide rules: