Collection of pages from K&E catalogs for the 4125
Colby's Stadia Slide Rule
The Colby's Stadia slide rule is unique in its construction. It is made of hardwood and is 50" long. The scales are designed for Stadia calculations.
Model numbers in the group:
- 1749-3 --- 50" Colby's Stadia Slide Rule
- 4125 ----- 50" Colby's Stadia Slide Rule
From the 1901 catalog
The 1749-3 was first shown in the 1897 catalog. The last mention of the 4125 is in the 1903 catalog. The following is a brief history of the Colby's Stadia Slide Rule as is told in the K&E catalogs that are available at this time. Exact timing is not possible because of the time between catalogs.
- 1897 -- The Colby's Stadia slide rule was first introduced as the 1749-3.
- 1901 -- The 1749-3 model number was replaced with 4125.
- 1903 -- The 4125 was last shown in the 1903 catalog.
Links to catalog pages for the 4125 family of slide rules: